> Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Rules for Pleasure Boat Charter
1. The Charterer shall sign the rental confirmation and rules after paying half of the fee in advance as deposit. The balance must be paid in full in cash seven days before using the boat. Rental is non-refundable for any cancellation due to private reasons. If your cruise is less than 7 days please pay the full balance.
2. The Charterer agrees to prohibit the use and/or the possession of any illegal drugs on board. The charterer shall be held liable for any loss or damage caused to the boat and/or the Company due to this violation. If such violation is found, the captain has the right to cancel the trip and report to the police. NO REFUND will be made.
3. The Company would consider the launch as cancelled if the Charterer does not show up after 2 hours. If there were no further instructions from the charterer, the launch would be regarded as cancelled. All agreed payment must be paid by the Charterer. If the Charterer requests to
return to the destination before the scheduled time, no compensation for the remaining time is given. Extra-hours will also be charged accordingly if the overtime run is not requested before the launch.
4. The number of people who board the boat may not exceed the limit. Otherwise, the captain of the boat has the right to refuse starting the boat. The maximum engine running time each time the chartered boat is used is 4 hours. The chartered time is eight hours for a day trip, 4 hours for a night trip before 23:00.
5. The Charterer shall make sure all furniture and equipment on board are in best condition. The Charterer will be responsible for any damage caused by any of his passenger. All equipment and facilities on board should be used in accordance with any applicable regulations of Hong Kong or the instructions of the person held responsible for the boat on the date of voyage. The charterer shall be solely responsible and shall compensate the Vessel Owner and/the Company for any damage or injury caused by the violation of such rules.
6. If there is a change in the weather conditions or for safety reasons, the captain of the boat has the right to choose a safer route to a destination and safer location to dock and disembark. The Charterer must embark and disembark at the designated pier. If special arrangements have to be made, they must be discussed beforehand with the Company.
7. If there is a machine failure before the boat starts its journey and repair cannot be made on time, the Company will, as soon as possible, notify the charterer to change the date, or provide a boat similar to the type of boat chartered as a substitute or refund the rental fee. If the customer chooses a refund, then in addition to the full refund, the Vessel Owner and/the company will add 5% of the sum already received as compensation.
8. If there is mechanical breakdown during a trip, the captain of the boat shall try his best to carry the passengers back. If the boat has spent more than half of the time the boat was chartered for or the destination has already been reached, no compensation of time will be given. If there is a compensation of time, the boat can only be used on a day which is not a public holiday, or a proportionate amount of the rental fee will be refunded.
9. Every kind of insurance stipulated by law has been arranged for all boats in accordance with the Ordinances of Hong Kong. Passengers must take the responsibility themselves for ensuring the safety of any property which they bring along. If there is loss of property on the boat, the
Company will not be held responsible, but can arrange for reporting the matter to the police and dealing with it on behalf of the passengers. If any damage, injury or accident occurs on the chartered boat and if the damage is caused by the negligence of the Company, the Vessel Owner or its agents or any of its staff, the Charterer can submit an application for compensation for liability that should be borne in accordance with the insurance provisions only.
10. If the chartered date is cancelled or changed, the Charterer is still required to go to the dispatch office on the original date to take back the articles and food and drink that the Company has ordered on his behalf because the food has already been prepared or for other reasons. The agreed expenses must still be paid in full.
11. In the event of Typhoon Signal No.3 or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued 2 hours before a trip; such trip will be automatically cancelled and postponed to an alternative day. If a refund is demanded, this company will refund 50% of the fee.
12. In the event of Typhoon Signal No.3 or the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued after setting sail, the boat shall return to the nearest public pier within 2 hours for disembarkation of passengers for safety reasons. In such events, no replacement trip will be provided.
13. No large-size audio equipments, pets or prohibited items are allowed on board. Once discovered, the captain may refuse boarding and sailing and the Charterer shall pay the full rental fee.
14. For safety reason, no dancing, no barbeque, no diving on the upper deck, no swimming in the evening is allowed. Upon unsuccessful advice, the captain has the right to sail the boat back to the pier and all passengers must disembark. The Charterer shall pay the rental fee in full.
15. If the Charterer chooses to board at the Stanley Blake Pier, it will depend on the weather conditions. In the case of blowing level 3-4 wests to southwesterly wind, the captain has the right to change the boarding location to the piers nearby and the Charterer must take the advice of the captain.
16. The Company may arrange speedboat rentals. As water-skiing and banana boating are high risk water activities, users should make their own decision on participation and they shall arrange for their own insurance for such activities. The Charterer acknowledges and understands that neither the Company nor the Vessel Owner shall be responsible for any loss damage or personal injury or death happened during these activities.
17. The Company carries third-party insurance for all the rentable yachts of our Company in accordance with the legislation in Hong Kong. The coverage is restricted to incidents occurred within the yachts only. The Company shall not be liable for any lost caused or contributed to by:
Accidents that occur whilst a passenger is under the influence of alcohol; Accidents that occur whilst a passenger is not on the yacht, including but not limited to swimming, diving, snorkeling, using inflatable toys (including the slide or sea pool); Children are the sole responsibility of their guardians for the whole duration of the yacht trip. Please ensure your children is supervised for their safety. We recommend all passengers to take out relevant insurance coverage according to their own needs.
18. Furthest Voyage: East: Lam Fung Wan, High Island, South: Lamma Island or Po Toi Island, West: Cheung Sha and Tung Chung, Lantau Island. Anywhere beyond the aforementioned covered areas, additional fuel charge.
19. Postponement is allowed only in the cases of Black Rainstorm Warning or Typhoon Signal No.3 or above being hoisted on the day of but prior to the trip. The boat shall sail as scheduled under unstable weather conditions such as Typhoon Signal no. 1, Thunderstorm Warning, and Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning being issued as well as rainy days. Otherwise all paid rental fee will not be refunded.
20. Please note that all confirmed bookings are subject to the Hong Kong government easing the social distancing rules maximum people allowed onboard the vessel. If on your booking date the social distancing rules have not yet changed we will be able to postpone your charter.
21. This agreement is in accordance with maritime law Cap. 548D MERCHANT SHIPPING (LOCAL VESSELS) (CERTIFICATION AND LICENSING) REGULATION
6. Restrictions on Class IV vessels
(1) A Class IV vessel shall not be used otherwise than—
(a) by the owner exclusively for pleasure purposes; or
(b) if it has been let to any person, by that person exclusively for pleasure purposes.
(2) A Class IV vessel shall not be for hire or reward unless—
(a) it is let under the terms of a written charter agreement or written hire-purchase agreement;
(b) the agreement contains a warning that states clearly—
(i) that the person to whom the vessel is let commits an offence if he does not comply with section 6(5)(b) of the Merchant Shipping (Local Vessels) (Certification and Licensing) Regulation (Cap.548 sub. Leg. D);
(ii) that the person to whom the vessel is let should read carefully section 6 (except subsections
(1), (2) and(4)) of theRegulation; and
(iii) where in the agreement the full text of those provisions may be found;
(c) the agreement contains, either in its body or as its attachment, the full test of this section (except subsections (1), (2)and (4));
(d) the warning and text referred to in paragraphs (b) and (c) are in the same language as that of the remaining parts of the agreement and are presented prominently in the agreement; and
(e) the agreement is signed by the owner and the person to whom the vessel is let.
(3) A Class IV vessel shall not be let for hire or reward for an intended service that involves the carriage of passengers unless there is in force in respect of the vessel —
(a) such certificate of inspection or certificate of survey certifying that the vessel is fit for the intended service as is required under the Survey Regulation for a Class IV vessel of the type for which the vessel is certificated; and
(b) such policy of insurance in respect of third party risks as is required under Part VA of the Ordinance for a Class IV vessel of the type for which the vessel is certificated, having regard to the intended service. (24 of 2005 s. 23)
(4) If, without reasonable excuse, subsection (1), (2) or (3) is contravened the owner of the vessel, his agent and the coxswain each commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3.
(5) Where a Class IV vessel is let for hire or reward—
(a) the owner, his agent and the coxswain shall ensure that there is kept on board the vessel —
(i) the relevant written charter agreement or written hire-purchase agreement; and
(ii) if any passenger is carried in the vessel, the certificate of inspection or certificate of survey and the policy of insurance referred to in subsection (3), or certified copies of them; (24 of 2005 s. 23)
(b) the person to whom the vessel is let shall ensure that throughout the period when the person is in possession of the vessel —
(i) the vessel is not used otherwise than by him exclusively for pleasure purposes; and
(ii) the documents referred to in paragraph (a) are kept on board the vessel; and
(c) the coxswain shall, on request by an authorized officer, produce for inspection the documents referred to in paragraph (a).
(6) A person who without reasonable excuse contravenes subsection (5), commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2.
(7) A person to whom a Class IV vessel is let does not have a reasonable excuse for contravening subsection (5)(b)(ii) merely because the person’s contravention is attributable to the contravention by the owner, his agent and the coxswain of subsection (5)(a).
(8) For the purpose of this section, a Class IV vessel is to be regarded as being used by a person exclusively for pleasure purposes if —
(a) in the case of the person being an individual, the vessel is used to carry the individual, his family members, relatives, friends and employees, and family members, relatives and friends of his employees, for their pleasure purposes; or
(b) in the case of the person being a club, company, partnership or association of persons, the vessel is used to carry its members and employees, and family members, relatives and friends of those members and employees, for their pleasure purposes.
(9) If a person to whom a Class IV vessel is let under a hire-purchase agreement is named in the certificate of ownership as owner by virtue of section 9(b), then subsections (3) and (5) apply neither to the hire-purchase agreement nor to the vessel as far as that agreement is concerned.
22. The Charterer clearly understands and accepts all the terms and conditions above before signing this confirmation. The Charterer is also obliged to inform the participants the contents of the relevant terms to ensure safety.
Thank you for choosing our company boat service. Please go through our company policy before finalizing your booking due to every booking has different circumstance happening.
For example: Raining, heavy raining, thunderstorm, Typhoon signal 1, big wave and windy, your chosen destination cannot be reach because we cannot predict the weather changing on the day.
Under Such conditions the booking will not be cancelled, postponed. Booking can only be cancelled, postponed if it is Typhoon 3 or higher or black rainstorm warning being hoisted affecting its safety at sea.
I hope you understand that when you have booked the boat we have used the manpower to complete your boat hire and if we allow for postponement of the booking due to some weather change we will have to suffer losses.
I hope the day that you have chosen for your booking will be a sunny and pleasant day we also hope you can enjoy under difference weathercondition.
Any rescheduling under non-specified circumstances may result in partial fee loss or forfeiture. Thank you for your understanding.
Standard Boat Agency
Rm 221, 2/F.,Seven Seas Commercial Centre, 121 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
Tel : +852 2570 1792 ; Fax : +082 2578 3878
Email : email@example.com